We Are Proud Of Our Alumni: Interview With Dr. Aline Kherlopian

Aline kherlopian picDear Aline,

We are immensely proud of your accomplishments and the awards that you have received, especially at such a young age. We are also certain that these awards will pave the way to even greater achievements in the different personal, social and professional aspects of your life.

Please tell us a little bit about yourself and the awards you received. After graduating from the AGBU Tarouhy-Hovagimian Secondary School, which institutes of higher learning did you attend? Where does your career stand now? What are your plans for the future?

After graduating from the AGBU Tarouhy-Hovagimian Secondary School, I received my Bachelor of Science in Biology at the American University of Beirut in 2004. I earned my Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree from the AUB medical school in 2008. Later, I specialized in Neurology at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS). Currently, I am in the process of completing my sub-specialization in Epilepsy at the Harvard University affiliated  Massachusetts General Hospital.

In 2015, I received the prestigious “Residency Leadership Award” from the American Academy of Neurology, and the “Chris Hacker Award for Excellence in Medical Ethics” from the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS).

I envisage my career as an academic professor who will enrich the Epilepsy Society with novel ideas in clinical practice and participate in cutting-edge research, advanced patient care and the training of residents and students.

Aline kherlopian pic 4During this very busy career path, were you involved in any community service programs?

While studying at the American University of Beirut, I was an active member of the Lebanese-Armenian Heritage Club. I was also actively involved in the Armenian Catholicosate University Student Association (ACUSA). During this time, I gave several lectures and presentations about the dangers of drug addiction to several Armenian youth groups in Lebanon.

During my meetings with my non-Armenian friends and peers, I always make a point to explain and discuss Armenian issues, from Genocide to Artsakh. I am looking forward to the opportunity to share my professional expertise with my colleagues in Armenia. I believe in that “Unity Is Strength”, as we were taught in the AGBU Levon G. Nazarian, Boghos K. Garmirian and Tarouhy-Hovagimian Schools in Beirut.

What advice do you have to the students of the AGBU Schools in Lebanon?

To achieve excellent results, you must work very hard, apply the knowledge you gain exceptionally well, and be a superb team player.

Any final thoughts?

I would like to express my deep gratitude to my teachers and my principal, Mr. Jirayr Tanielian, who believed in my aptitude and provided the needed support to reach my goals and achieve my dreams. I would also like to thank my mother, who stood by me every step of the way – I owe my success to her.

I would like to thank the administration of the AGBU Schools for this opportunity. I hope that we can stay in touch. I want you to know that I am ready to bring my contribution to my lovely School in any way within my reach.

1 thought on “We Are Proud Of Our Alumni: Interview With Dr. Aline Kherlopian

1. We are very proud of Aline Kherlopian’s great achievements. She represents the strong courage and deep understanding of our heritage.She is a gifted young Armenian full of leadership and professional energy to drive everyone around her. From another Tarouhy Hagopian alumni and AGBU school graduate my sincere congratulations. We are waiting to read more about your bright future.
    Vicky Kherlopian
    Boston University
    Faculty Field Supervisor